For a Tuesday treat or upcoming brunch, make this Baked Cinnamon Crunch French Toast with Le Petit Français Brioche. Made with a vanilla egg custard, each piece is stuffed with whipped cream cheese and finished with a cinnamon crunch topping. It’s that cinni “crunch” topping, that gets everyone, it really is delicious. Every piece of toast is soft, buttery, and custardy inside, yet caramelized around the edges…almost like a creme brûlée. Enjoy warm with a little Président Butter. Beyond delicious!
Recipe inspired by Half Baked Harvest
1 200g Quescrem Regular Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1 Le Petit Français Brioche, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
8 large eggs, beaten
2½ cups Président UHT Whole Milk
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup, plus ⅓ cup brown sugar
2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons flour
2 tablespoon Président Salted Butter, melted
1. Grease a 9×13 inch-baking dish with Président Butter. In a bowl, mix ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over the bottom of the baking dish.
2. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, whip the Quescrem Regular Cream Cheese 1 minute. Add the Président Professionnel Whipping Cream and gradually increase the speed to high. Whip until fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
3. Grab the Le Petit Français Brioche and make a 1-inch slit at the top, move your knife to create space in the bread, being careful not to poke through to the other side. Spread the inside of the bread with the cream cheese sauce, press to enclose. You will not need all the cream cheese, save the rest for serving.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt. Submerge each piece of brioche into the egg mix, allowing it to sit at least a minute to soak up the eggs.
5. Arrange the brioche in the baking dish. Pour the remaining egg mix over the brioche slices. Then sprinkle over the remaining cinnamon sugar. Cover with Diamond Aluminum Foil and place in the fridge 30 minutes.
6. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375° F. In a bowl, mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, the flour, and Président Salted Butter. Arrange over the brioche slices.
7. Cover with Diamond Aluminum Foil and bake 25 minutes, remove the foil and bake another 20-25 minutes or until the French toast is deeply golden.
8. Serve the french toast warm, topped with any additional cream cheese sauce. Enjoy!